Re: Main Furler and outhaul Gearbox coating

I have never seen a heavy rubber coating on gearboxes.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019, 8:04 AM Capt. Steve Bode <whatsup@...> wrote:
Dear Friends,
I am rebuilding both of my main mast furlers (Main and outhaul). I'm repainting the mast and boom, so I've removed these units, stripped them down and sandblasted them. So, what's the deal with the heavy, rubber-like coasting that was on the gearboxes of these units. I'm perplexed. Heat, protection, what? Anyone know what the material was and should I replace that material or just repaint them?

Kind Regards,
-Bode

Steve Bode, Captain of Sailing Vessel Intention
Currently Drydocked at ANT Yat Servis
Bodrum Marina Teknik Servisler
Neyzen Tevfik Cad. No. 5
48400 Bodrum, Mulga, Turkiye