Re: Companionway Door Seal - New Photos Album & Photos

Gary Silver

Hi Bode:

See message # 42837 posted by Olivier Beaute (if you don't know who he is please ask).  According to Olivier there are two drain holes in each box on all models from the Sharki to the 54.  The drain holes are small and easily plugged by debris. I suppose it is possible they were overlooked at the factory but I doubt it.  The door seal, if well maintained, should prevent large quantities of water in this box but what little gets in there should drain into the engine room bilge.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 #335
Puerto Del Rey, Puerto Rico