-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io]
On Behalf Of ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:00 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Fuel polishing

Thanks for the feedback. So the general consensus is that additional
polishing is not required as the Racor primary filter plus engine filter is
fine. So long as one takes the usual precautions. In addition whilst
motoring or running the generator some fuel polishing happens anyway.

This is nice to read.

I only raise this because the newer Amels have common rail turbo charged
engines, where fuel cleanliness is extra important. In addition we may well
be buying fuel with 20% biodiesel, and low sulphur. Biodiesel is more prone
to degrading and bacterial growth.
Amelia has been ashore for 5 months with brim full tank.
It is a shame there is no drain valve to remove a few litres off the bottom
of the tank.

Nick
Amelia AML 54-019 currently located ashore in La Palma, Canary Island.
Launching in a couple of weeks and planning to sail to Greece this spring.