From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Duane Siegfri via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 1:38 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Dominican Republic

My apologies if this sort of post is too off-topic.

We're preparing to leave the Bahamas for the Dominican Republic.  They have some pretty restrictive allowances for "boat stores" which we exceed by magnitudes (especially the wine and beer!).  The guide books note that they will "inspect" your vessel.  These are the same guide books that advise you to stock up.

Can anyone advise me on what to expect from Customs in the DR?  I'm thinking of just sailing past it to Puerto Rico, but that's a longer sail than I prefer.

Thanks,
Duane
Wanderer, SM#477