Re: Any news about the 3D printed Toe pulley (headsail)

Mark McGovern

Jose,

My machinist just finished making another batch of the jib car pulleys from 316L Stainless Steel:

The design is pretty much identical to the original cast aluminum pulleys but we make them out of 316L Stainless Steel to avoid the corrosion issues the aluminum ones suffer from. I sell them for US$190 for each complete pulley so $380 for a set of two (2) pulleys.  Contact me at mfmcgovern at gmail dot com if you are interested in purchasing them.

Out of curiosity I got a quote for getting them made using Direct Metal Laser Sintering process (3D Printing) out of the same 316L Stainless Steel material. The quote was around US$1776 per pulley or US$3552 for a set of two pulleys:

--
Mark McGovern
SM #440 Cara