SM Chain Counter

Thomas Peacock

I am in the process of trying to fix our chain counter, which has not worked since we purchased the boat several years ago.
Troubleshooting thus far points to a probable short in the sensor up by the windlass.
I have purchased a nearly identical new sensor; the only difference is the old sensor is "normally closed", while the new sensor is "normally open".
Anyone have any thoughts on whether the different open/closed setting will make a difference?

Thanks as always to all on this invaluable forum.

Tom Peacock
SM #240 Aletes
St Augustine, Florida, soon to depart for the Cheseapeake