Re: Fuel polishing

eric freedman

Hi Kent,

Here is the blurb from Howes—I use Meaner power cleaner.

I have not noticed the mustache on my port side after using this and changing my injectors.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376

At Howes we understand the science and importance of year round lubricity and protection and our Meaner Power Kleaner is the proof. Safely eliminating water and removing the environment that creates bacteria, Meaner Power Kleaner contains no alcohol or harmful solvents and eliminates injector deposits. The end result is a performance enhancing product that protects your engine and boosts MPGs…guaranteed

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2019 4:14 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Fuel polishing

Hi Eric,
Yes, I use Howes and Biobor Jr.  I didn’t think Howes did anything to prevent or kill microorganisms.  I haven’t been able to confirm any increase in fuel efficiency with Howes, but I do think my exhaust ”mustache” on the port hull isn’t quite as bad as it used to be.  What I’ve been doing seems to be working well, but if I start finding dirty fuel when I get to the Pacific, I may add a system like you have on Kimberlite.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.