Re: wind data to Raymarine ST 6000

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your response.

I am going to the boat on 25th April so will check, but I think that I tried Terminal 21/22 and 22/23 in the autumn when I was last on the boat, and it did not send wind data to the Autopilot. However I will try again.

Tinley electronics said that I would need a FFD NMEA or their MFD but my photo of the back of my display says that it is NMEA FFD. So it should work.  Is there a difference between mine and the one you might have for sale?

Best

Nick
Amelia La Palma AML 54-019

On 14 Apr 2019, at 11:26, Peter Jaeger via Groups.Io <mallamok@...> wrote:

Dear Nick
I assume you have a Hydra 2000 Processor and you connected the Autopilot NMEA Input port to the NMEA Output 1 of the B&G Processor on Terminal 21/22 or 22/23 for NMEA Output 2 (see screenshot from manual).
That should work. If you have a possibility to read the NMEA datastream (6.6.2. on Screenshot), you can check if you find the wind and speed data the autopilot needs.
If it does not work I will have an FFD NMEA for sale, I will be on the boat on Eastern and be able to send it.
Best regards
Peter
SY Wilson SM003 La Rochell