Re: SM Chain Counter

Thomas Peacock

Thanks for your insights. I’m pretty sure the old sensor is blown because when it is online, the fuse on the Sailor 24V->12V transformer blows.

I’ll be on the boat in a couple of weeks and work on it. It seems like a pretty simple system, the digital display was working, the junction box above the galley looks good. I have both a new sensor and a relay to change the normally off to on if necessary. I’ll share any insights if I get it to work.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

On Apr 13, 2019, at 10:43 AM, islandpearl2_sm2k332 <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:

Our original Amel chain counter had always worked perfect till we arrived in the Caribbean. I tried everything to fix it myself to no avail then asked Amel here in Martinique who put me onto Pouchon Electronics at Le Marin marina who are the only shop in the Caribbean to hold the replacement sensors.

280 euros and 20mins job by them and our Amel chain counter is like new again.

We also replaced our old chain here with 110m of new top grade French manufactured 10mm P30 chain for just 750 Euro.

As others commented here this is avai5 at Le Ship Chanderly at Le Marin which seems like the best place by far for Amel bits and pieces.

Colin & Lauren
SV Island Pearl II #332
St Anne's anchorage

On Sat, 13 Apr. 2019, 08:24 Craig Briggs via Groups.Io, <sangaris=aol.com@groups.io> wrote: