Re: Changing engine bearings Amel Mango Perkins 4.236

Beaute Olivier

Hello Frederic,

these mounts were custom made by AMEL, from a home made steel frame and 6 rubber mounts with machine screw (steel).
The steel parts are probably in good condition. What you need to order (from AMEL) is the 5 small and one big rubber mounts that are bolted in the steel frame, and that you can see on the attached picture (Mango too). The big one is located under the vertical stud.

Viel Spass!

Olivier

On Thursday, April 18, 2019, 11:34:18 AM GMT+2, Conn Williamson <connwilliamson@...> wrote:

I did a couple of mine a few years ago now. I just took the the whole lot to an engineering shop. There is a big round rubber inside that square.

On Thu., 18 Apr. 2019, 6:02 pm Frederic F, <fgf@...> wrote:
Hello everyone, hello amelowners,

we are new to this group and have a problem with our Mango, we want to change our engine bearings on the Perkins 4.236 because they are still the first ones and the engine is quite noisy. Does anybody have an idea where to get some spare or how we can easily manufacture some similar parts for replacing the old ones?
Maybe someone replaced his bearings already. I have attached a picture of one of the bearings.

Thank you very much and all the best.

Frederic Fießer on Mango No. 14