Re: New Engine alignment in a SM

Graham,

I am not 100% sure about your hull number, but I am sure that later model SMs used Vetus K50 for the engine (4) and for the C Drive (2).

Here is a photo of the Vetus coupling donuts from a SM. When these were changed there was no vibration. When you change yours, please take a photo.
image.png
Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 6:45 AM Graham Boyd via Groups.Io <crwggb=yahoo.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill

Thanks for the detailed advice. I think using the Beta mounts was a mistake. Can you recommend the vetus or other manufacturers' mounts that are suitable for supporting the metal frame. The new engine is around 290 kg with gearbox.This info seems hard to come by and on the Vetus site there is nothing resembling the original donut shaped mounts. The originals were by Schwartz but googling that goes nowhere. We will order the rubber donuts inside the coupling asap.

Thanks again for your help

Graham