Re: Guests and engine controls!

Miles,

In some cases and with some alternators, this may cause damage to the diodes in the Alternator.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello

A guest on board switched my ignition off whilst motoring.
Trying to be helpful.

The engine kept running but I only noticed a few mins later when I spotted the instruments were off

My Perkins control panel has a electric ignition switch that turns on the instruments and starts the pressure alarm etc and I presume power onto the starter etc

Then a momentary push button to start

To stop it’s an electric button.

Does any one know if running with the ignition off for a short while could cause problems ? I’m naive about these electrics but always assumed the shutdown order super important!

The main engine power switch was on throughout.

Many thanks in advance

Miles Maramu 162