Re: Guests and engine controls!

smiles bernard

Thanks for that Bill

I wondered about that so have checked alternator output by simply checking charge voltage at the batteries. That still seems to be a good output voltage and I’m unsure of any further checks to do.

Many thanks for your help

Miles

On 19 Apr 2019, at 08:38, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Miles,

In some cases and with some alternators, this may cause damage to the diodes in the Alternator.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 7:26 AM smiles bernard via Groups.Io <smilesbernard=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello

A guest on board switched my ignition off whilst motoring.
Trying to be helpful.

The engine kept running but I only noticed a few mins later when I spotted the instruments were off

My Perkins control panel has a electric ignition switch that turns on the instruments and starts the pressure alarm etc and I presume power onto the starter etc

Then a momentary push button to start

To stop it’s an electric button.

Does any one know if running with the ignition off for a short while could cause problems ? I’m naive about these electrics but always assumed the shutdown order super important!

The main engine power switch was on throughout.

Many thanks in advance

Miles Maramu 162