Re: 100 amp charger on sm2k

JOHN HAYES

.......am sure your right Bill unless you live in the roaring 40’s and do most of your sailing in higher latitudes!!
The Rutland wind mill having sailed from the Med to NZ lost its feathers in gusts of 45 to 55 knots off Kaikoura on the west coast of the South Island. It was replaced with a silent wind generator which, while expensive, has been excellent at maintaining power levels in the batteries and has a built in breaking system

John Hayes
NGA Waka sn41
Wellington

On 1/05/2019, at 9:34 AM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

I would save your money on the wind.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, Apr 30, 2019, 9:14 PM karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I had an 80A charger from the time I bought Kristy and it was plenty.  I’ve added Solar since then and rarely run the charger for more than 45min per day.  Still thinking about a wind generator at the top of the mizzen, but haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
SM243

On Apr 29, 2019, at 8:04 AM, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> wrote:

Kent, why did you choose the 80/24 vs. the 100/24?

Ian & Margaret
S/V Loca Lola II
SM153
Exumas, Bahamas

On Apr 28, 2019, at 9:40 PM, karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai@...> wrote:

I have had the Skylla 80/24 for 3 years now for my 520AHr bank of deep cycle lead-acid batteries.  So far no problems whatsoever.
Kent
SM 243
Kristy

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On Apr 28, 2019, at 7:16 PM, Alan Leslie <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:

We have had a Victron Skylla 100/24 on Elyse since the old Dolphins died 5 years ago. Very good experience, no problems at all. Very flexible and versatile charger, mode selectable for all types of batteries. We have 660Ah of 6V AGM batteries in 3 banks of 4 with balancers, works very well.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437