Re: AMEL 54 main furler

DAVID NIX

Thanks Arno,
I switched wires on the relays to one of the working motors and got the same symptoms. I am going to remove the motor to take it apart and inspect gears and brushes. Fortunately I found a whole bag of replacement brushes in the piles and piles of spare parts that came with the boat. If I need to there is a local company that rebuilds electric motors at a reasonable price.

-----Original Message-----
From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Arno Luijten
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2019 8:47 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] AMEL 54 main furler

Hi Teun,

Your boat is really keeping you busy, not?

For your problem I think you have two possibilities. A relative good one and a bad one.

The good one is that the relay is not working for whatever reason. I’m guessing the relays are near to the circuit breakers in the guest cabin (see attached circuit diagram).
The second possibility is that there is so much play on the gears inside the gearbox of the furling motor that they lock-up causing the motor to stall.

My first guess would be it is the first problem, maybe caused by a broken wire or contact corrosion.

Regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.