Re: AMEL 54 main furler

Teun BAAS

Hi Arno,

Indeed it seems both of us have spent/are spending a lot of time, energy and money to get our boats back in shape.

There are two relays/solenoids behind the white panel near the ceiling next to the closet in the guest cabin. One of them is for the main outhaul (we had to renew that one last year) and the other one I guess is for the main furler.

I really think it is either the switch (we think it is good); the relay/solenoid or the bushes as: A) I can furl in with the motor and B) the furler itself can be hand cranked. BTW you need a short handle o'wise you will not be able to make a full turn due to the outhaul motor cover.

I should have tested all furlers b4 leaving port; but everything was working perfect 7 days ago coming back from ISLE des PINS. I guess another lesson learned.

How are you getting along with LUNA?

Best Regards Teun

May 2, 2019 07:21:43