Re: Wind Generators

islandpearl2_sm2k332

Here are a few pics today. Still experimenting with angles to sun so outer two panels tied on before bolting through, but note the aluminium welded bars between stays and again at rear between mizzen mast and stays.

On Sat, 4 May 2019, 08:07 Sailing Island Pearl, <colin.d.streeter@...> wrote:
Hi Alan

We have 540w on the rear arch and 500w on top of cockpit area.

For the cockpit top I inherited and nicely welded/shaped aluminium bar from SM SV Oris which attaches to the two fwd mizzen stays. At the rear I have alumni bars from mizzen mast to rear mizzen stays.

Will send you a pic direct.

Great to have the serenity and peace of mind at anchorages when one sees other SM genders gurgling away seemingly endlessly.

On Sat, 4 May 2019, 03:56 Alan Leslie, <s.v.elyse@...> wrote:
Hi Colin,

What is your physical arrangement for mounting all these solar panels?
We have 600w on the arch and found we can mostly get away with running the Onan every second day, but we are certainly more frugal with electricity
Cheers
Alan