From: bsarff@comcast.net <bsarff@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [Amel] modifying stainless lifelines on 48' Maramu (#173)
To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com, amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.com
Cc: "kimberlite" <kimberlite@optonline.net>
Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 1:03 AM
Thanks Eric. We have a three stair boarding ladder on the
dock but it still requires my wife to straddle the life line
( difficult when wearing a skirt) and she would like a
break in the life line if possible. As I mentioned, I'd
like to modify the life line as long as it doesn't
distroy the overall integrety of the rail.

Bob

From: kimberlite <kimberlite@optonline.net>
We have a ladder that came with our boat. It has 3 steps
and hooks over the
rub rail.

It has a small standoff to keep it off the hull. Standing
on the top rung
you can easily step over the life lines. We always tie it
to a stanchion to
keep it from going over the side.

Fair Winds,

Eric