24V electrical connection of Duo D 100 BY Dessalator

Alexander Ramseyer

Could anyone who has the same system on board please share a picture of the electrical connection?

I had a guy from Watermakers Inc. Ft. Lauderdale on board to do a pump refurbishment (I tought..) He first wanted to de-install the whole unit....loosened the electrical connections to later find out that he prefers to only take the pump with him. It's quite incredible how this company (sent another guy to install, a third one did the actual pump refurbishment) left my boat.

Best regards,
Alex
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54#15

--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Am 06.05.19, 03:27, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> schrieb:

Thanks Bill and Mark.

If the manual says it cuts out after 1 minute then I guess its working properly. However, in the past, whenever I have returned to the boat and recommissioned the watermaker, I have run it on no pressure for half as hour, on advice, to flush all the sterilant through before turning up the pressure, and have never experienced this shutdown after 1 minute. I will contact Dessalator as Bill has suggested and get back to you with their answer.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of CW Bill Rouse
Sent: 06 May 2019 09:49
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Dessalator cuts out when flushing

Thanks Mark. 

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Mon, May 6, 2019, 2:38 AM Mark & Debbie Mueller <brass.ring@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

According to the Dessalator manual the system should shut down after one minute in this mode of operation.  See the excerpt from the manual below.

Fresh water should be always used with no pressure when going through the system (pressure dial turned all the way anti clockwise) and the system should always run with no pressure after a fresh water flush to dump all the fresh water that are in it, before making freshwater from sea water (also with the pressure dial all the way anti clockwise). When running the water maker with the dial all the way anti clockwise, it will shut itself down automatically after 1 minute. Only then, the water maker is ready for use.

When introducing the sterilizer you are operating in this condition.  I believe your system is operating correctly.  You will then go through the flush cycle when you put the system back into service.

Water will go through the membranes with the regulator turned all the way open "anti clockwise".  This position being the normal start position for the Dessalator which allows the high pressure pump to start with little to no head pressure.
--
Mark Mueller
Brass Ring  A54

--
Cheers
Paul
Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.