Re: BETA Motors

Alex,

I negotiated a discount on the Beta 85 for my Amel clients. Email me at brouse at gmail.com for more info.

There are a few things I had Beta test like the previous Beta requirement of increasing the diameter of the exhaust hose. Beta found that the Amel 54 Volvo exhaust hose is an approved diameter. Prior to that test Beta insisted on an increased size hose.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.yachtschool.com
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, May 7, 2019, 12:21 AM Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...> wrote:
I'm interested to talk to owners who run their AMEL on a Beta motor (or who currently are in a project).
I plan to replace my Volvo in the next 1-3 years.
If you have information on AMELs with Beta or own one, please let me know.

Alex
SY NO STRESS
AMEL54#15
--
Sent from my Android phone with GMX Mail. Please excuse my brevity.
Am 06.05.19, 04:44, Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown <paul.dowd@...> schrieb:

Bill,

This is the reply from Dessalator (and quite quick there were too!):

Dear Paul,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If you run the unit without increasing the pressure, it is normal that it shuts after one minute.

The good procedure to flush the water maker when you return on your boat is to turn the rinsing valve located on the low pressure pump, but WITHOUT running the water maker.

You will find the procedure enclosed.

If you have any doubt, you can call for free our engineer, M. Martin de Jong, on Whatsapp. Please find enclosed his contact info.

With our best regards,

Nicolas Bouffartigue

Secretary Dessalator

Cheers,