Satellite communications

Paul Dowd and Sharon Brown

Hi all,

I have a KVH Tracphone V7 and want to replace it with something cheaper and smaller, probably an Iridium system. I have two questions:

Would anyone be interested in buying my KVH, or know where in the southern Caribbean I can sell it?

Can anyone recommend a replacement system. My needs are for a backup system (I’m usually on long range wifi) and a system for getting weather and email/internet whilst out of range of land based systems. I basically need full internet functionality, on my laptop, for short periods at a time on a regular basis, say, 3 or 4 times a day.

Cheers,

Paul

S/Y Ya Fohi - Amel 54 #98

--