Re: Main Outhaul early SM 2K

Craig Briggs

Kent, As always, many ways to skin a cat, and the heli coil is a great suggestion, although a new block could easily be made. Taking the boom to a machine shop with a press will certainly work and save the paint job if they carefully block it with wood and cloth before pressing. Your mounting configuration with the two aluminum tangs is identical to mine and, I'm sure, was original; perhaps Amel changed that design to a metal frame somewhere along the way (Alan's hull #437 is much later in the production run, I think), but yours will easily get you around the world next year, or at least to the South Pacific, and then, who cares?
Cheers, Craig SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL