From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:16 AM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Main Outhaul early SM 2K

Hi Eric, I read that in one of your earlier posts.  I’ll definitely do that.

Has anyone come up with a good way to keep water from getting into the gearbox from above?  I remember someone posting about a soda bottle cut off and placed above the gearbox with the shaft coming through the bottle was that you José?  How has that worked?  I’ve been greasing the upper shaft seal, but wonder if that’s really doing anything.

Thanks

Kent

SM 243

Kristy

Kent Robertson

S/V Kristy

USA cell: 828-234-6819

On May 11, 2019, at 9:57 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi Kent,

When you finally get the shaft. I would suggest you take a few thousands of an inch off the keyway, both in height and width.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376