Re: Main Outhaul early SM 2K

karkauai

Thanks again, Eric and John. I’ve been hearing about all the problems with removing the Outhaul shaft, and now have the same problem. Others have suggested it was because the shaft seal is vertical and prone to water intrusion. When mine was removed with great difficulty, I found the shaft had rusted and salt was everywhere. That was about two years after I had rebuilt the previous one that had lasted many years. I had been putting silicone grease on the upper seal every few months for those two years. Now after only six months with a new gearbox, it’s stuck again, despite NeverSieze and grease on the outside of the seal every 2 months.

I need to find a better way...

Kent
SM 243
Kristy