Electric Motor for SM main outhaul/furler

David Vogel

Greetings,

AMEL France just filled an order for a spare electric motor and gearbox for the SM Main Outhaul/Furler.

The electric motor is a little different to what I expected. Please see the silver motor in the photos attached (the one with the small gauge red and black wires). What I was expecting to see was a motor as per SM#335, which is what I have on Perigee.

Does anyone know if the silver unit as supplied is a 'drop-in' replacement? Or do I need to re-order and obtain the 'old style"?

(I am writing to Maude but, being the weekend, thought it quicker to check with the forum.)

Thanks in anticipation.

David
SM#396/Perigee
Panama, almost prepped for French Polynesia