Re: The two "sticks" on the genoa top swivel

You should replace them and find rubber hose to fit over the ends.

This was a smart, cheap, reliable innovation from Henri Amel that prevents twisting issues, especially when you least want them.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Sun, May 12, 2019, 7:04 PM SV Trilogy <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:
Hi everyone,

How critical are the 2 sticks/poles (perhaps called "cornes" in French?) that are bolted onto the top swivel of the genoa furling assembly?

Our SM was sold to us with just one of these installed on the starboard side. All it seems to do is occasionally make contact with the mast - gouging the aluminum and removing paint - and/or interfere with the second halyard. Wondering if it can just be removed or if we should source and install the second one on the port side?

Wouldn't the genoa halyard tension be enough to keep the top swivel in it's proper orientation?

With both sticks installed, are they supposed to make any contact with the mast or rigging? If not, what is their purpose? Only during extreme forces/emergency?

I don't see anything like these on other boats (a most common thing with Amel design) so any insight or information is welcomed.

Thanks,
Mike & Hannah
SV Trilogy, SM#23
Panama