From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of karkauai via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, May 12, 2019 3:58 PM
To: main@amelyachtowners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Main Outhaul early SM 2K

I’ll get my tool made and report on its efficacy, with pics if it works

 ;-)>.  Will definitely take all advice, trim the key and the shaft, use NeverSieze, and remove every 3 months for regreasing.

I’ll spray some PB Blaster around the top seal, but doubt much if any will make it past the seal.  Dry Ice and heat if the tool doesn’t work.

Jeez, somehow I make seemingly simple tasks into major productions.  At least this one seems to have given most everyone problems...

Kent

Kristy

SM243

On May 12, 2019, at 2:23 PM, eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi Gary,

When I had to drive out the shaft with a sledge hammer I found that as soon as the key cleared the keyway the shaft slid out easily. I believe the key is the only thing that needs to be adjusted. I remove the shaft 4 times a year and lubricate it with high temp. stainless Neva-Seez and have had no further problem in over 10 years.

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376