Re: Volvo D3-110 belt changes

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Gang
The Official Volvo Maintenance Schedule requires change of Cam Belt/Timing Belt every 1400 hours.

300h for the Alternator Belt (also drives the Water-Pumps (inkl. Impeller-Pump) is quite low. As mentioned before, - maybe slip or other issues. 
BTW:
The Alternator Belt on my A-54 had 500h when I made Service with a certified Volvo technician from a Volvo dealer in Italy.
Volvo Technician said the Belt looks perfect and there is no need for change. He guarantied another 200h-300h lifetime. 

Fair winds
Ruedi  
"SY WASABI"
Amel 54. #55

Von: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Alex Ramseyer <alexramseyer@...>
Antworten an: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Datum: Freitag, 10. Mai 2019 um 17:14
An: "main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io" <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Betreff: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Volvo D3-110 belt changes

The pulley that used to be on my Volvo has been changed to another model by a certified Volvo service shop in St. Martin 2 years ago. The change didn't impact the lifetime of my alternator belts.

In regards to the timing belt, based on the answer I received, I now think 1200h should be o.k., so I don't need to do this now at 800. If someone has pics and / sources to get the special tools, I'd appreciate. 

fair winds
Alex
SY NO STRESS 

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.