Re: Absence of boom-kickers on a 54

Ian,

You are correct and the same boom rigging exists for the 54 sans the rope boom kicker.

I believe that Henri Amel placed a rope kicker on HIS boats because he knew that "sometimes, something goes wrong with even the most experienced crew."

It appears to me that it was likely planned for the 54, but someone at the last minute decided that it wasn't necessary on the 54. It was probably the same person who decided that the engine room hatch didn't really need to miss the cockpit table when opening the engine room hatch.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Tue, May 14, 2019, 9:49 PM Ian <parkianj@...> wrote:
I’m guessing here but the SN and SM have a rope that ‘serves’ as a kicker. But with the full width main sheet track on the foredeck and then the preventer when fully downwind I haven’t had cause to need a kicker. I can get all the flattening I need on the mainsail from this combination.
Obviously I have no experience of the 54.

Ian

Ocean Hobo