Re: Absence of boom-kickers on a 54

Arno, no not a drain, rather a tang with a hole. It probably disappeared also when Amel reengineered the 54 mast so that it could take to expected loads.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Yacht School - Supporting Amel Owners
www.YachtSchool.us
720 Winnie St
Galveston Island, TX 77550
+1(832) 380-4970

On Wed, May 15, 2019, 2:09 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Bil,

If you are referring to the hole that sits at the very base of the mast, that hole is the drain hole for water that gets into the mast. I wonder if it is able to take the loads of a kicker. I also noticed the later 54’s do not have the same “hole-arrangement” at the underside of the boom as the early ones.

I do love your remark about the table behind the steering chair. I wondered the same thing. That thing must be the number 1 design flaw for the Amel 54. I actually removed it. That makes the cockpit much roomier as well. We now use a small foldable table if we need to support our drinks…

I was thinking about this thing to put against the back wall of the cockpit:

But maybe I will just change the way the original table is designed and make it a bit lighter as well.

Cheers,

Arno