Re: Absence of boom-kickers on a 54

Rudolf Waldispuehl

Hi Arno

I’m very interested in your project with a changed cockpit table. I have the Lagun as well, it’s ok for 2 but not if you have guests on board. I had some thought how to change the original but no real idea yet. It is not urgent so it will may takes years ;-)
Let us know when you have done your changes or when you get a brilliant idea.

Cheers
Ruedi
A54 #55
South Peloponnese

Von meinem iPad gesendet

Am 15.05.2019 um 16:09 schrieb Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...>:

Hi Bil,

If you are referring to the hole that sits at the very base of the mast, that hole is the drain hole for water that gets into the mast. I wonder if it is able to take the loads of a kicker. I also noticed the later 54’s do not have the same “hole-arrangement” at the underside of the boom as the early ones.

I do love your remark about the table behind the steering chair. I wondered the same thing. That thing must be the number 1 design flaw for the Amel 54. I actually removed it. That makes the cockpit much roomier as well. We now use a small foldable table if we need to support our drinks…

I was thinking about this thing to put against the back wall of the cockpit:

But maybe I will just change the way the original table is designed and make it a bit lighter as well.

Cheers,

Arno