Re: Seawater Flush

Mohammad Shirloo

Hi Dean;

It is my understanding that this is a backup emergency system only and not an option to fresh water.

You really don’t want to use saltwater, unless fresh water is not available for some reason, since the salt water will lead to the usual smell related to salt water flush systems.

I think it’s a simple use of an existing pump for a case that may never arise.

Respectfully;

Mohammad & Aty
B&B Kokomo
AMEL 54 #099

On May 16, 2019, at 6:57 AM, Dimitris Krasopoulos via Groups.Io <dkrasopoulos@...> wrote:

Dean,

I had the same problem and I installed in the saltwater line a cane so I can close the saltwater flow safely and clean the electrovalve which does close tight due to salt remains.

It is bad designed by Amel but ..,

Στάλθηκε από το iPhone of Dimitris Krasopoulos

On May 16, 2019, at 00:49, SY STELLA <stella@...> wrote:

Hi Mohammad,
You are absolutely correct. When I open the valve and turn on the anchor wash pump then water flows freely into the toilet. The line retains water when I turn the anchor wash off, and the toilet can be used, although I suspect it will lose prime over a short period.

However as soon as the anchor wash is turned on again the toilet starts to fill immediately. This seems like a poor situation really.

I guess the saltwater flush mode really needs to be treated as a degraded mode of operation rather than an alternative mode of operation you could choose when on an ocean crossing for example.

Anyway, I now understand the operation. Thanks Mohammad.
Cheers
Dean