Re: Bowthruster Water Ingress

Dimitris Krasopoulos

There is a pin to put in case you go windward in order to avoid the BT to lower

Στάλθηκε από το iPhone of Dimitris Krasopoulos

On May 17, 2019, at 16:31, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Whilst sailing I have noticed that a small amount of water leaks in from the bow-thruster. It harmlessly drains to the main bilge. Even going up wind in rough conditions it is probably only a litre or two an hour. Is this normal? I have not shut myself in there whilst hammering to windward to see!!!! But conclude that it can only be from the BT.
I have never used a retractable thruster before but imagine there are some seals. The Amel owners manual does not cover this nor the SidePower folder. Can anyone advise me so that when I next haul out I can replace them.

Nick
Amelia (AML54-019)