Re: Bowthruster Water Ingress

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Cortney,
Yes I put the pin in unless I am literally going round the corner.
I will be sailing tomorrow in quite light conditions. So assuming there is no spray I will open up the for-peak and take a look...
Nick
Amelia AML54-019

On 17 May 2019, at 18:15, Courtney Gorman via Groups.Io <Itsfun1=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Nick do you have the pin in the secure the thruster?
Courtney
Trippin
54 #101
On May 17, 2019, at 9:31 AM, ngtnewington Newington via Groups.Io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Whilst sailing I have noticed that a small amount of water leaks in from the bow-thruster. It harmlessly drains to the main bilge. Even going up wind in rough conditions it is probably only a litre or two an hour. Is this normal? I have not shut myself in there whilst hammering to windward to see!!!! But conclude that it can only be from the BT.
I have never used a retractable thruster before but imagine there are some seals. The Amel owners manual does not cover this nor the SidePower folder. Can anyone advise me so that when I next haul out I can replace them.

Nick
Amelia (AML54-019)