Re: Bow locker floors/hawse pipe replacement project recap

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Do preventing maintenance.
Apply penetrating epoxy on the bottom and epoxy paint on top.
I jump in the locker. It is solid.

Vladimir
S/V "Life is Good"
SM2000 345.

On Sat, May 18, 2019, 10:14 AM Thomas Kleman <lorient422@... wrote:
Hey Gary. I made a header out of fiberglass with a wide lip (to seat the back starboard windlass bolt). I glued and screwed the header under the windlass. The header lip fits 2 inches inside the 4 inch Pvc so no leaks. The PVC is siliconed to the header (it can be removed if necessary). In the chain locker ceiling , a flange holds the PVC up and I added a thick ring of starboard to protect the bottom of flange from chain banging. So, I can access windlass bolts easily and remove and replace my hawse pipe without dealing with cutting fiberglass and 5200. And it drains without leaks past my double glassed 3/4 inch locker floor.