Re: [Amel] Battery charge

john martin <symoondog@...>

I lleft my boat on the hard in May of last year and will return to it on the first of April this year. 11 months total. A friend went aboard last month and said the batteries were fine. The advantage of not leaving a charger on, is that you don't have to worry about the water level,which would surly dry up after six months. In 1991 I left my old boat in Cyprus on the hard for a year and after a little charge the batteries were like new again. I'm sure batteries have improved since then. They are deep cycle batteries and are surposed to be able to take many dicharges. We sailboaters sure test them. JOHN "moondog" sm248

To: amelyachtowners@yahoogroups.comFrom: mylde@online.noDate: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 21:28:31 +0000Subject: [Amel] Battery charge

I hve left my Delphi batteries disconected from each other and charged fully up end September. The boat is on the hard and I do not expect to use it until May. Has anybody experience of how long you can leave the batteries uncharged. My batteries are bought new this year in May.Brgds Ivar