Re: Now locker floor replacement

Gerald Bassin

Nice job !
On our SM #113 Jetlag, we managed to load up 100 gallons of water on the passage from Curaçao to Grenada due to a blocked drain in the chain locker.... We had a hatch already fitted in the port locker so it was not to hard to get down and cut an acces to the drain hole. Works fine now. We also installed a divider in the chain locker. Seems that the earlier units did not have it installed
Safe sailing
Gerald Bassin
SV Jetlag

On 21 May 2019, at 02:13, Mike Ondra via Groups.Io <mdondra@...> wrote:

Aletes locker drain was also blocked. Pushing a fish (wire puller) up the drain pipe from the T in the foreword head bilge broke it loose. Water gushed out along with the mud and sand. Hose pressure through the holes in the anchor locker floor cleaned out the rest.

Key to this was the access now afforded      through the port bow locker floor now completed.

Mike Ondra
Aletes SM240
<image1.jpeg>

On May 19, 2019, at 5:51 PM, Germain Jean-Pierre <jp.germain45@...> wrote:

Hi Gang,

I solved the problem by always using the chain wash (now fresh water on our boat) and at least once a year… doing a pressure wash in the chain well compartment.

Cheers from Fiji.

Jean-Pierre Germain, SY Eleuthera, SM 007

On 20 May 2019, at 09:45, Thomas Kleman <lorient422@...> wrote:

Mike- your floor looks great. I know how hard it is to cut and refine that shape. On L'ORIENT my chain locker bilge (under that glassed in perforated grate at the bottom of the chain locker) was hoplessly clogged. I ended up cutting an access port in it so I could vacuum it out periodically.....it drains fine now Wondering if other people have this problem or I just pick muddier places to anchor than most.....the actual outlet underneath there is about 15mm above the bottom and offset.