Toilet flooding when sailing

Paul Osterberg

We have noticed a strange ingress of water in our forward head bowl, when sailing with the wind in from SB, if there is any water left in the bowl, the bowl slowly fills with water, usually smal amount when the boats goes down in a wave or other vivid motion. If the bowl is totally empty no water coming in! I have no explanation to the behavior.  We have similar on the aft toilet but to much less extent. We always have the valve for emptying the holding tank open when at sea. but can't imagine how water can get in that way
Paul on SY Kerpa SM #259