Re: Cables in SM Mast

Paul Osterberg

I changed our wind transducer last spring, it was very easy to pull the cable, our mast was down, but I guess that would not cause any problem to pull the cable with the mast in place. What we notice when in Sassafras River Chesapeake bay, was that it was a missive amounts of spiders invading the boat and built nests. One of the nest was somewhere in the mast, I thought the halyard was jammed but a firm pull and it came lose and something locking as a spider nest fell down on deck. birds and other animals also build nests and that can be a reason for the problem to pull out the cable
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259