Re: Cables in SM Mast

Derick,

There are pull strings available that were installed by Amel. These pull strings have a piece of rubber tied to them about every 6 feet. The rubber was tied so that the strings did not wrap around themselves or other wires. Locate the strings at the base and top of the mast. Separate them and use one to pull from the inspection plate at the bottom of the mast to the top. You will find 3 strings at the base and 2 at the top. The reason is that 1 string goes to one of the spreaders...the bottom one, I think. The rubber pieces will give significant resistance...pull hard and the rubber pieces will pass through.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 11:51 AM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
I changed our wind transducer last spring, it was very easy to pull the cable, our mast was down, but I guess that would not cause any problem to pull the cable with the mast in place. What we notice when in Sassafras River Chesapeake bay, was that it was a missive amounts of spiders invading the boat and built nests. One of the nest was somewhere in the mast, I thought the halyard was jammed but a firm pull and it came lose and something locking as a spider nest fell down on deck. birds and other animals also build nests and that can be a reason for the problem to pull out the cable
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259