Re: Toilet flooding when sailing

Paul,

I assume that you have original Jabsco "Not-So-Quiet" electric flush toilets.

I agree with Mark, and if you flushed correctly the water passing back into the toilet from a leaking joker valve would be clear. There is about 1.5 liters of flush water in the 2 pieces of hose (25mm and 38mm) that carry the flushed water to the top of the black water tank where it enters the tank.

One other point, if you are replacing the joker valve, be sure that you have a spare discharge port available. This plastic part is very delicate and breaks easily.
Discharge Port Jabsco #44107-1000
Joker Valve Jabsco #44106-1000

There is one other really obscure possibility:
Check to see if the anti-siphon on the toilet saltwater supply pump lines is not blocked with salt. This is located near the ceiling of the engine room above the grey water sump. Let me know what you find.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 12:02 PM Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:
The strange thing is that the water s clear. so I'm suspicious could it come through the salt water flushing pump does not make sens to me but...
Paul