Re: New sails

david bruce

To whom this may concern,
We had a 135% headsail built by Elvestrom in S France and were not pleased.  Luff 8cm too long initially, and foot too full making good trim of foot and leach impossible.  They did recut and it’s better but just is not an ‘ahaaa’ sail.  Had to call company headquarters to induce timely service. Don t think cruising boats are their forte.  Quality seems good though.

David and Shelley Bruce
LIESSE   SN006

On May 22, 2019, at 1:56 PM, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Stephen
I'm not please with the shape. Give poor up wind performance. My very old sail that come with our Amel performed better. I have bought new sails to my earlier boats at three times before , I have always felt that I got like a new and better boat. Not this time the other way I'm said to say.
They Wrinkle more than any other furling sail I have had when furling, Leach vibrating a lot unless I pull the leach line very hard, giving a poor shape,. Now they start to de-laminate causing repair. The top of my head sail was almost detached from the rest of the sail, caused by de-lamination said the sail maker who repaired it. They are "only" three years old, but we have sailed from Turkey crossed the Atlantic up US eat coast to Maine and back to The Caribbean. so they have made a few miles, but I did expect more miles out of them, they ar made in cruising laminate and not Hydranet
Hope others have a better experience than I have
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259