Re: New sails

Stephen Davis

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the detailed explanation, and sorry to hear the sails are not working out well.  So far our Genoa from Q Sails has performed very well, but we have not used it enough to determine long term durability. We also have a cruising laminate, and not hydranet.

Steve
Aloha SM 72

On May 22, 2019, at 16:56, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Stephen
I'm not please with the shape. Give poor up wind performance. My very old sail that come with our Amel performed better. I have bought new sails to my earlier boats at three times before , I have always felt that I got like a new and better boat. Not this time the other way I'm said to say.
They Wrinkle more than any other furling sail I have had when furling, Leach vibrating a lot unless I pull the leach line very hard, giving a poor shape,. Now they start to de-laminate causing repair. The top of my head sail was almost detached from the rest of the sail, caused by de-lamination said the sail maker who repaired it. They are "only" three years old, but we have sailed from Turkey crossed the Atlantic up US eat coast to Maine and back to The Caribbean. so they have made a few miles, but I did expect more miles out of them, they ar made in cruising laminate and not Hydranet
Hope others have a better experience than I have
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259