Re: SM Chain Counter Update

Oliver Henrichsen, SV Vela Nautica

Hello, if this helps anybody.
On Amel54 with autoanchper chain counter I replaced first with original sensor, which was dead after 1year.
Then I used a Meanwell reedswitch embeded in hot glue and shrinktube as replacement, works fine now.

On Thu, May 23, 2019, 21:50 Thomas Peacock <peacock8491@...> wrote:
Success with getting the chain counter to work, not working since we bought the boat 9 years ago. The problem was a bad sensor by the windlass. Even though the replacement was not identical it did work. Please note this applies only to the LaRochelle installed counter with he orange sensor and digital display with the Amel logo.

Tom Peacock
SM Aletes #240 Aletes
Rock Hall, Chesapeake Bay