Re: Bow locker floors/hawse pipe replacement project recap

VLADIMIR SONSEV

Fibreglass or PVC schedule 80 is adequate. I installed PVC O.D. 2  7/8". I can provide more details for installation if you want.

Vladimir

S/V Life is Good
SM # 345

On Fri, May 24, 2019, 9:05 AM Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver=mac.com@groups.io wrote:
Thomas:

I think I just realized why Amel didn't use SS pipe for the hawse pipe.  I just priced a 31 inch long pice of 316L SS tubing (OD 3 inch with 0.25 inch wall thickness).  $10 US per inch or $310 for the piece.  Yikes!!  a bit of 1/4 into 316L plate brought the total to $375.00.  The same in galvanized pipe would probably be $10.

Of course using stainless would alleviate the grief we are all suffering in replacing this bit of kit.  Simultaneously it would prevent us from gaining an intimate knowledge of our boats systems / weak points.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Puerto Rico