Re: Bow locker floors/hawse pipe replacement project recap

ngtnewington Newington

How about using pvc pipe and glassing it in place and wrapping it in glass.?
Nick
Amelia AML 54-019 anchored in Menorca. Mistral about to kick in so waiting to ride it’s coat tails to Sardinia maybe Monday

On 24 May 2019, at 15:05, Gary Silver via Groups.Io <garysilver@...> wrote:

Thomas:

I think I just realized why Amel didn't use SS pipe for the hawse pipe.  I just priced a 31 inch long pice of 316L SS tubing (OD 3 inch with 0.25 inch wall thickness).  $10 US per inch or $310 for the piece.  Yikes!!  a bit of 1/4 into 316L plate brought the total to $375.00.  The same in galvanized pipe would probably be $10.

Of course using stainless would alleviate the grief we are all suffering in replacing this bit of kit.  Simultaneously it would prevent us from gaining an intimate knowledge of our boats systems / weak points.

Gary S. Silver
s/v Liahona
Amel SM 2000 # 335
Puerto Rico