Re: Am I the only one so stupid?

karkauai

Yep, I’ve done it three times in ten years.  Duh!!!  Nice clean bilge, though  ;-)>
I’ve put everything in the floor lockers in plastic bins, so it’s not as  difficult to clean up.  Water alarm in bilge just under companionway.

Kent Robertson
S/V Kristy
USA cell: 828-234-6819

On May 26, 2019, at 5:40 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Yes, same problem on a SM...I set an alarm every time I filled the tank because I wasn't smart enough to watch it after I overflowed the first time.😡
.
Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 4:34 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
All,

Our 54 has a major design flaw. Or it’s not protected against stupidity, take your pick.
Anyway I managed for the third time now to overflow the fresh water tank while refilling. The problem is that the water does not simply overflows through the filler cap. Instead it gushes out of the level meter pipe next to the companionway right into the main saloon bilge that has no drain. Oops.
Anyone else has the same problem?

Arno
SV Luna,
A54-121