Re: Cracks on Keel - Amel Super Maramu (1997)

What is the hull number or complete HIN of this Amel? Do you have its location and name? This damage looks familiar, but I cannot place the particular SM.

First, I would ask the owner for a complete disclosure. If you cannot get a complete written disclosure, I recommend that you move on.

Second, it is difficult to see anything because of the numerous layers of antifouling. The owner should have never allowed layers of antifouling to accumulate. Possibly this gives you a clue of the level of care this SM has received.

Third, after you have full disclosure from the owner, if you want to proceed, hire Olivier Beaute <olivierbeaute@...> for a complete survey and follow his recommendations in the survey report.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 8:27 AM Stephen Hancock via Groups.Io <sammie.whammie=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
It took a hit. Needs to be delaminated a little to see how far the trouble is and decide how far to go to repair. Maybe just a localized area. Needs a expert to check out the whole keel attachment.

On May 27, 2019, at 9:14 AM, Jarek Zemlo <zemlo.jarek@...> wrote:

Hello to All,

I found Amel SM (1997) that I like to purchase. I had first look yesterday and what is working me mostly is a crack on the keel, front edge with some rust coming out (see pictures). Is this a sign of water penetrating inside the laminate and corrosion of steel and bolts? Anyone with similar experience and advice? Best regards Jarek
--
Jarek Zemlo