Re: Water tank overfill, companionway ladder, galley sink drain hose

My experience is that once that reinforced hose is bent, it is bent.

I am watching here for some other reply.

Best,

Bill Rouse
720 Winnie St.
Galveston, Texas 77550
832-380-4970

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 11:21 AM karkauai via Groups.Io <karkauai=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I like the idea of an alarm on the float gauge!

I noticed that the last time I collected desalinated water in the bilge, I had stopped making water when it was reading 900 L on the gauge.  No water showed up until we were heeled over in a 6 ft sea.

When I clean the tanks again, I will watch the level as the gauge gets closer to full.  If it is inaccurate, how would you recalibrate it?  Can it be accessed without tearing the cabinetry and/or tank apart?

Also, the support for the companionway door has rotted and fallen down below the ladder.  Has anyone disassembled or removed the ladder?  Any advice?

Finally, there is quite a kink in the drain hose from the galley sink.  It hasn’t caused a problem, but I want to get it repositioned without the kink..  any advice here?  Is that the original hose?

Thanks,

Kent & Iris
S/V Kristy
karkauai@...