Re: Vetus Flexi coupling

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Paul. Answer to your forst question. Appropriate tightness for the bolt size. that is "as much as it will take" If they are loose you should check the condition of the rubber bushes unless you have done so recently. This will require moving the motor back. Fortunately an easy, fish hook free, operation thanks to the Amel girders that the motor sits on. I have seen some owners make a big deal out of this. It is not.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 28 May 2019 at 05:23 Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Hello!
I found several lose nuts on my Vetus flexi couplig,
How hard shall they be torqued? I do not need Nm, but like Firm, Hard or super hard?. is it OK to put the engine in gear to have something firm to torque against else difficult to prevent the coupling from rotating
Paul on SY Kerpa SM#259